Do you ever feel lonely and empty moments after your spouse gets home from work? You know… He or she gets home from an exhausting day of work, they don’t have much to say. And your evening begins… on a not-so-good foot. Feeling lonely and disconnected.
Most husbands or wives are overextended throughout the day. When they come home, there are often more duties that need to be done. It can be easy to forget about the one person that should be the most important to you. It’s not that you are really forgetting them, you just aren’t making them a priority.
There are times when a spouse comes home from work and does need some down time to “take-on” the evening. That should be respected.
However, this time, this occasion, we are going to accomplish something different. Love. Priority. Intimacy. Peace. Relaxation. Connection.
How would you like a step-by-step method for eliminating the feeling of loneliness and emptiness, and help you to gain some fun and joy in your days and marriage?
The 10 Second Kiss Challenge
- Talk to your spouse and let him know you would like to try an experiment.
- The Experiment: For the next week, every time you haven’t seen each other for an extended period of time, you are to give each other a 10 Second Kiss.
- Directions: When you greet each other (after work, traveling, a long day shopping), give each other a 10 Second Kiss. (It doesn’t matter how bad either of your day has been).
- Time yourselves at first so you know how long a 10 Second Kiss is. You may not think 10 seconds is that long, but if you haven’t kissed in a while, 10 seconds will feel like a lifetime.
- Starting off the evening with a 10 Second Kiss will make you feel very close and connected with your spouse for the rest of the evening. The first few minutes, after coming home, will set the tone for the rest of the evening, for the whole family.
Most couples are used to greeting each other with a, “Hi, I’m home,” or “Anyone around,” which does not include any physical response. Even if the other spouse is home, and there is a quick peck of a kiss, it’s not much. There isn’t much of a physical connection or closeness with a routine quick kiss.
Once you start the 10 Second Kiss, the feeling of loneliness and emptiness will soon disappear and will be replaced with love, closeness and warmth. It’s hard to start fighting after a 10 Second Kiss and easy to forget how bad your day has been.
After your 10 Second Kiss, go along with your normal activities for the evening. Taking care of dinner, the children or any other household duties or errands.
The difference? You will feel connected to each other as you go through the rest of your evening. Your spouse will also look forward to coming home every evening. He or she will know that your love, warmth and affection will be waiting there with open arms and a wonderful 10 Second Kiss! What could be better? Ok, don’t answer that!!